The Archives and Special Collections Department of the Auraria Library welcomes the use of its materials. In order to facilitate use of our holdings, the following policies have been formulated for your consideration. If there are any questions, please refer them to the staff.
- When using manuscript material readers are requested to sign a Reader Registration Form on the initial visit.
- All materials must be used in the Reading Room under staff supervision.
- All materials are to be handled with sensitivity. Marking, tearing, smudging, erasing, or writing on items in the Archives and Special Collections Department is strictly prohibited.
- Care must be taken to preserve the original order and arrangement of archival and manuscript material. Should any item be missing, please report such the staff.
- The use of ink pens for note taking is prohibited.
- Food and beverages will not be allowed in the Reading Room.
- Duplication of material will be handled on an individual basis, dependent on the physical condition of the item. If photo-duplication would in any way damage an item, such duplication will not be undertaken.
- Where permissible, publication of any document, or photograph, from the Archives and Special Collections must be accompanied by proper credit. Please check with staff for the proper citation format.
- The patron agrees to assume full and complete responsibility for any infringement of copyright or literary rights arising from the publication of material from the Archives and Special Collections Department.
- Auraria Library Archives In-House Use Borrowing Policy (03-09-2009)
- Special Collections items paged in from PASCAL must be used in the Auraria Library Archives Reading Room
- Manuscript items must be requested from PASCAL by the Archives and Special Collections staff and used in the Archives Reading Room