Saint Joseph Redemptorist Catholic Church : restoration of tower, Lincoln Park
View of Saint Joseph Church (St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church of Denver, Saint Joseph Redemptorist Catholic Church) located at 605 West 6th (Sixth) Ave. (NE corner Galapago St.), in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, Denver, Colorado. The parish was established in 1883, construction on the church began in 1886 and the building was dedicated in 1889, since the dedication the church has undergone significant modifications. The latest restoration on the building was undertaken between 1999-2005 by SLATERPAULL Architects, Inc. The brick church building has concrete coursing, concrete and brick cornices, and dentils. The church has a small tower topped with a steeple that has a shingled roof, gable roof dormers and a finial. Scaffolding covers the tower. The bell tower has a shingled steeple with gable roof dormers and is topped with a large cross on a ball and fluted base, a portable scaffold supported by a crane is against the steeple. The towers have Gothic style, lancet arched stained glass windows. The central arched stained glass window has tracery and is located between the towers. Two recessed entry doors have concrete gabled fronts supported by Corinthian columns.
Rights : Copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image available from the Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library.